From the afternoon of
To the morning of
Price (Additional fees applies)
The aim of this short document is to set out what data we require from our guests, why we need it and why we keep some information after your stay.
Your credit card is stored on a secure server. The card information is encrypted and only made available to us when you order a service that has a cost e.g. an overnight stay. We can only access the last four digits of your card.
In order to process your booking or request we need to collect certain personal details from you ahead of your stay. These details will include your name and contact details (address, mobile and email) and those of your party members. We keep your contact details, booking date, the apartment you stayed in and the rate you paid, and when you paid in perpetuity on our bookings database. If you provide them, we may also keep information about any special requirements such as those relating to any food preferences, disability or medical conditions that may affect your stays with us on our bookings database.
We are required by law to keep a record of who (name and full postal address) is staying with us at any given time. For overseas visitors we are also required to keep your passport number and its place of issue. We need these details to process your booking and we also use this information to help us determine patterns in who is staying with us and where are guests come from.
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
In addition to this basic information we may also take a copy of the front part of your credit card and a copy of a recognised form of ID. We collect this information (once only) for four reasons:
– to help us protect card owners against identity theft
– to protect us against credit card fraud and resultant charge backs where we have to repay the cost of the guest’s stay either because the guest stayed using someone else’s card or because the guest has fraudulently tried to say that they didn’t stay. This is why we store your information for 13 months.
– to give you a much quicker check-in for second and subsequent stays. If you are a regular guest, with your agreement, we will keep your ID details on our database for as long as you are continuing to stay with us.
– for security purposes – we need to know who is staying with us so we can provide that information to the authorities in case of any major incidents.
We store all this information on line on our bookings database. Any paper copies are scanned in and the paper version shredded within three months of receipt (normally sooner) and securely stored until that time.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will never share your data with any third parties except in the two extreme scenarios below:
– in the event that we are subject to a change of ownership or corporate structure, we may need to disclose your personal data to persons who need to know this information.
-Following an request from the police or your bank or credit card company about the dates of your stay.
If you believe that any of your personal details are inaccurate or incorrect please let us know.
Our privacy statement covers only Amsterdam Beautiful. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement. We would encourage you to reread our privacy statement from time to time so that you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use personal information.
Copyright © 2014